Keep an eye on your Mac and the world with iVigilo Smartcam for Mac OS X
V1.1 Update adds iCloud event publishing, video recording and support for IP camera's
14 NOVEMBER 2012, HEERLEN, THE NETHERLANDS
SummaryNaboo introduces the iVigilo Smartcam 1.1 for OS X update, which adds iCloud event publishing, video recording and support for IP cameras. iVigilo Smartcam for Mac OS X, turns a Mac into a sophisticated camera security system with advanced motion and face detection. Once a motion or face is detected, Smartcam sends out an alert via EMail or Twitter. By entering the IP address of the Smartcam camera into a web browser, the live camera feed can be viewed on any computer or mobile device.
Naboo announces the immediate availability of the iVigilo® Smartcam v1.1 for OS X update.
With this new update, iVigilo Smartcam for OS X users get iCloud syncing functionality between multiple iVigilo Smartcam devices, the possibility to record video alerts with the new optional DVR EXtension and the addition of MJPEG IP cameras with the optional IP Camera EXtension.
The iCloud syncing function automagically syncs iVigilo Smartcam settings and events among multiple iVigilo Smartcam devices. This will allow the Smartcam user to view events generated by any Smartcam device from any location in the world. Smartcam iOS users can view events generated by Smartcam for OS X and vice versa.
The new optional DVR EXtension lets the users record video clips in case a motion or a face is detected by the iVigilo Smartcam app. The user can decide video clip length.
With the optional IP Camera EXtension, Smartcam for OS X users seamlessly integrate any MJPEG IP camera within the app. This feature allows to access any of the millions of publicly available webcams to Smartcam or to add the users own IP cameras.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X turns a Mac into a sophisticated home or office camera security system with advanced motion and face detection capabilities using either the built-in, an external USB or a MJPEG IP camera. Once a motion or face event is detected, Smartcam can send out an alert via Email or Twitter.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X brings the functionality of expensive standalone and fixed camera security systems to the Mac. This opens up completely new possibilities for both home and office security, safeguarding a Mac and its surroundings when not being used, or simply saving snapshots of the machine's users in a daily archive.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X features a built-in web server, which is used to stream the Mac camera signal over the Internet. By typing in the IP address of the Mac running Smartcam, any browser will be able to display the live video picture anywhere in the world. Many functions of iVigilo Smartcam can be easily accessed, remotely, from the administrator section of the Smartcam website.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X builds on the global success of the #1 camera security app for iPhone and iPad, iVigilo Smartcam for iOS, and features a similar functionality and user interface. iVigilo Smartcam for OS X is the latest addition to the iVigilo range of multimedia apps from Naboo.
A. Wireless high-quality MJPEG web camera
- Turns any camera equipped Mac into a high quality wireless IP MJPEG camera;
- Support for different video stream qualities;
- Support for built-in iSight and up to four external USB cameras;
- Integrated UPnP port forwarding to program the router;
- Optional user id and password settings for the admin and user camera web pages;
- Integrated web server for streaming the active Smartcam camera signal to the Internet;
- Easy-to-use web interface for viewing of the video stream and for controlling the active camera through a special admin page;
- Works on local network and on external 3G / Wi-Fi networks;
B. Motion and face detection
- Built-in advanced motion and face detection routines. Once a motion or face is detected an event notification is stored in the Event History on the Mac;
- Motion sensitivity can be set by the user;
- Both detection modes can be combined or chosen separately;
- A chronological event history with detailed information per event is being generated;
- Event images are stored on the Mac;
- Event images can be shared with OS X sharesheets; NEW
- The Event History is synchronized between all Smartcam iOS and Mac devices. This will allow a Smartcam user to see the Events generated by all Smartcam devices on any device. NEW
- On motion or face detection an alert with key frame picture will be generated;
- Alerts can be send via Email or Twitter; NEW
- Multiple Email or Twitter accounts can be used; NEW
- The Alert frequency can be configured;
EXtension modules (optional):
E. Digital Video Recorder EX NEW
- Events can can be recorded as video clips;
- Video events are stored on the Mac;
- Detailed information from the motion event is stored in the event history;
* U.S. English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Chinese
- Mac OS X 10.7 or later;
- Built-in iSight or compatible external USB camera;
Naboo BV is based in Heerlen, the Netherlands and was founded in 1999. The company engages in the design, development and distribution of software and services for the Internet of Things. Naboo is the developer and publisher of the iVigilo Multimedia Apps.
For more information about Naboo and its products, visit the company’s web site at http://www.naboo.eu.
© 2013 Naboo BV. All rights reserved.
iVigilo® and the iVigilo® logo are registered trademarks of Naboo BV in the European Union and other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.