iVigilo Smartcam for Mac OS X lets you see what happens around your Mac from remote
App brings camera streaming, motion and face detection and EMail alerting to the Mac
15 AUGUST 2012, HEERLEN, THE NETHERLANDS
SummaryNaboo introduces iVigilo Smartcam for Mac OS X, which allows Mac owners to use their computer as a high quality IP camera with advanced motion and face detection (a built-in or compatible USB camera is required). By entering the IP address of the camera into a web browser, the live camera feed can be viewed on any computer or mobile device, worldwide. The app offers a sophisticated home or office security system, which can be set to email an alert when a motion or face is detected.
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X, is one of the world's first expandable, desktop, computer-based, camera security systems. It brings the functionality of expensive standalone and fixed camera security systems to the Mac. This opens up completely new possibilities for both home and office security, safeguarding a Mac and its surroundings when not being used, or simply saving snapshots of the machine's users in a daily archive.
iVigilo Smartcam uses the latest motion and face detection technologies to analyze the camera signal from the camera in the Mac computer. The motion sensitivity level can be configured for specific situations. Once a motion or face is detected, an alert can be sent via email.
- Turns any camera-equipped Mac computer into a high quality IP, MJPEG web camera
- Set the video stream at a one of several different levels of quality
- Integrated, UPnP port-forwarding to automatically program the router
- Optional user ID and password settings for the admin and user's camera web pages
- Integrated web server for streaming the Mac's built-in or USB camera signal via the Internet
- Works on local networks and on external 3G/Wi-Fi networks
- Built-in, advanced, motion detection routines
- Once a motion is detected, a notification is stored in the Alert History on the Mac computer
- Motion sensitivity can be set by the user
- Newest, built-in, face detection routines
- Once a face is identified, a notification is stored in the Alert History on the Mac
- On motion and/or face detection an alert with key frame, still picture is generated
- Alerts can be sent via email to multiple, predefined recipients
- Alert frequency is configurable by the user
- Alert motion events can be recorded as a sequence of still images over time
- Chronological alert history with detailed information per event is automatically generated and stored on the computer
iVigilo Smartcam for OS X builds on the global success of the #1 camera security app for iPhone and iPad, iVigilo Smartcam for iOS, and features a similar functionality and user interface. iVigilo Smartcam for OS X is the latest addition to the iVigilo range of multimedia apps from Naboo.
* U.S. English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, and Chinese
* Mac OS X 10.7 or later
* Built-in or compatible USB video camera
* 14.5 MB
* Internet connection required for IP video streaming
Pricing and Availability:
iVigilo Smartcam 1.0 for Mac OS X is $2.99 (USD) and is available worldwide exclusively through the Mac App Store in the Utilities category. Review copies are available on request.
"With the introduction of iVigilo Smartcam for OS X, we now offer Mac owners the same world-class, security technology available in our iOS Smartcam app." Leon Klinkers
Naboo BV is based in Heerlen, the Netherlands and was founded in 1999. The company engages in the design, development and distribution of software and services for the Internet of Things. Naboo is the developer and publisher of the iVigilo Multimedia Apps.
For more information about Naboo and its products, visit the company’s web site at http://www.naboo.eu.
© 2013 Naboo BV. All rights reserved.
iVigilo® and the iVigilo® logo are registered trademarks of Naboo BV in the European Union and other countries.
All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.